Aurora 1030C TNb Module
Move over Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen (TKN) testing. There’s a new total nitrogen analyzer in town, and it draws a quick analysis time of 10-15 minutes…
The Aurora 1030C TNb Module measures the total bound nitrogen (TNb) content of water samples to provide an indication of the amount of pollutants present in those samples. Total bound nitrogen consists of dissolved ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, amines, and other nitrogen-containing compounds.
The TNb analysis module is an optional accessory for the Aurora 1030C TOC analyzer that allows measurement of total bound (inorganic and organic) nitrogen (excluding N2) concentrations in aqueous samples. Total nitrogen can be measured simultaneously during NPOC and TC analysis or as a separate function when operated in the TNb analysis mode.
Principal applications include: drinking water, wastewater, sewage effluent, agricultural runoff, and surface water. Methods used include: EN-12260 and DIN-ISO 11905-2.
Aurora 1030C TNb Module Features:
- Direct measurement of Total Nitrogen (TNb) concentration in aqueous samples
- Faster analysis time than Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen (TKN) testing (10–15 minutes versus 2–3 hours)
- High temperature combustion used in the Aurora TNb is more effective for difficult sample matrices such as brines and particulates
- Eliminates labor and hazardous chemical exposure associated with TKN digestion
- TNb module mounts onto the Aurora 1030C TOC Analyzer, requiring no additional lab benchspace